Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The children are creepy, again


According to Variety, someone has got it in their head to remake David Cronenberg's THE BROOD. Once I stopped banging my head against a brick wall I noticed this little 'gem' in the article:

The original "Brood," released in 1979, was one of Cronenberg's earliest pics. The Canadian helmer, whose "Eastern Promises" is in theaters, is enjoying something of a renaissance. A remake of Cronenberg's 1981 film "Scanners" is also in development, with Darren Lynn Bousman attached to direct for Dimension Films.

I somehow doubt that Mr. Cronenberg, or any fan of the original two films, is "enjoying" the idea of these sure to be shoddy remakes!


Truth be told, I havn't seen THE BROOD since I was a young pup, but I do recall that it scared the crap out of me. And the trailer may be a touch on the side of hyperbole!



No comments: