Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Aww Hell Yes!


Bring on the end of the world! I'm a sucker for any story that brings down civilization as we know it. Based on the book by Richard Matheson, I AM LEGEND is the third adaptation of this 1954 novel. In 1964, Vincent Price starred in THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, which Matheson wrote the screenplay for. When the script was radically rewritten Matheson pulled his name from the credits. In 1971, Charlton Heston starred in THE OMEGA MAN, a rougher translation of the source material that removes the more vampiric tendancies of the infected. Now we get Will Smith as the lone survivor who is not really alone. Of what I've seen so far, this latest trailer actually gives me hope.





1 comment:

drewbacca said...

Yeah, I'm in too. I as well am a sucker for the post-apocalyptic stuff. Throw in Vamps and I'm down. the audio cues in that trailer sound great and I like Will Smith, what can I say?

I think it looks like a fun time. I'll be at the theater openind day likely.

Cheers!

~Andrew James
MoviePatron.com