Thursday, January 21, 2010

Utah calling...



There are many reasons I wish I was in Park City right now: the Sundance Film Festival, the Slamdance Film Festival, jumping back and forth from hot tub to snowbank... and particularly for the world premiere of THE RUNAWAYS, the first feature film directed by Floria Sigismondi. Check out more picks over at Collider.



And I'm definitely intrigued by HESHER, the story of a 13-year-old boy and his father move in with their grandmother to pick up the pieces of their life after their mother's death. Soon the boy meets Hesher, a chain-smoking anarchist head banger who loves blowing things up. Together they might help each other.



First off, I'll watch anything with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it, and secondly, it's directed by Spencer Susser, who you might know from his zombie short I LOVE SARAH JANE.


No comments: