Is it too late for a New Year Resolution Meme? Piper from Lazy Eye Theatre tagged me almost 2 weeks ago. I'm not big on resolutions in general. I've discovered that I can't even walk into a bar and say "I'm just staying for one drink", because during the course of a certain film festival I said that every night I walked into the bar after a screening, and it turned out never to be true. By the third night a common response was "Yeah sure rummy, just have a seat, you want the usual I assume?"
I've said too much.
So... here are the rules:
1. Post a list of nine movie-related resolutions for the new year. These can be as serious or light-hearted as you want them to be, and it also gives you a topic at the end of the year to post about when you take a look back at the resolutions.
2. Tag five other people with completing this meme.
3. Link back to my blog in your post so I can keep track of how many cool people are going along with this, and also for the purpose of compiling a list of the most interesting resolutions.
OK, here I go:
1. Blog this blog more. Hurm... that one's easy enough.
2. Attend more screenings at my local Cinematheque. Normally a little high-brow for my tastes, but it's time I branched out, such as when I went to see CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA last week. Not that it played the Cinematheque, but I never thought I'd go see a Bollywood movie either.
3. Watch TITANIC. I've screamed up and down for years that I absolutely do not need to watch this bloated crowd-pleaser, but I'm getting rid of my absolutes this year, and can at least bask in it's Kate Winslet-ness.
4. Host more movie nights. A few friends, a DVD, a theme drink. First up: ROADHOUSE!
5. Finish my screenplay. It's like Fast Food Nation with zombies and a kung-fu priest. Obvious yes, but it's purely an exercise.
6. Sneak more food into movie theatres. I'm tired of bending over at the counter and spending an absurd amount of money for sugar water and a Kit Kat. Sure, I've already brought my own pop, candy, and wine in, but next I'm thinking a sandwich!
7. Make out session! Ok, maybe not a full on sloppy neckin' fest, but a little kissin' in the back row when you're not missing anything on screen (you hear me Max Payne?) is in order.
8. Give INLAND EMPIRE another chance. Maybe I was really tired that day, maybe not, but I'm a big fan of Lynch so this requires another attempt.
9. See more movies in the cinema. Sure, I'm out there fairly often, but films keep slipping by me, most notably of late RACHAEL GETTING MARRIED and THE WRESTLER.
As far as the tagging bit goes, I'm thinking I'm a little late in the game, but I'm tagging my buddy Jay Clarke @ THE HORROR SECTION just for kicks!