Thursday, March 13, 2008

Film Title... yadda yadda yadda


OK, I'm sure it's not just Chan-wook Park's film titles that get scissored upon release on this side of the world, but for some reason this really grinds my gears! I'M A CYBORG BUT THAT'S OK is being released in the UK next month with the shortened title I'M A CYBORG. In 2005 I saw SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGEANCE, but for it's theatrical and dvd release it was cut down to LADY VENGEANCE. Now I realize that especially with foreign films their English titles can be somewhat... fluid, but after these two films toured many festivals and were critiqued and blogged about, what's the fracking point of changing their titles??? Shortened attention span? Groan.


Also, apparently Charlize Theron wants to produce and star in a remake of SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGEANCE. Groan... again.


No comments: